For high-quality bespoke curtains at high-street prices, look no further than Ecclesbourne Interiors. You will receive your curtains within 21 to 28 days, subject to fabric availability. Whilst our online store is being developed please contact us to ask for quotes and to place orders.
Our made-to-measure curtains are hand finished for a superior quality product. We make a wide range of styles for both classic and modern looks.
Once you have taken your measurements, choose from our excellent range of fabrics and then phone us to place your order. We can also make curtains from your own fabrics with a surcharge. If you would like a home or phone consultation, please see our design service section.
Follow our measuring guide
Spend some time carefully measuring your windows to ensure your curtains are the best possible fit. We recommend using a metal tape measure for greater accuracy.
- Always measure from the curtain pole or track, rather than the window itself.
- If you are fitting a new pole or track it should be 15cm (6”) above the top of the window, and extend between 15 – 20cm (6- 8”) either side, so that the curtains can be drawn back off the window.
- Measure the total length of the pole or track, excluding the finials, and then add 2.5cm (1”) for a centre overlap to exclude light and drafts.
- When measuring overlapping tracks, make sure to include the entire length of each track.
Firstly, decide what curtain length effect you’d like in your room. We recommend the following:
- Sill-length curtains finish 1.25cm (1/2”) above the sill.
- Curtains that fall below the window finish 15cm (6”) below the sill.
- Floor-length curtains finish 1.5cm (0.5”) above the floor to prevent hem wear.
- Longer curtains, which create a romantic bohemian look, can trail on the floor.
Next, decide on the heading style. Each style requires a slightly different measuring technique.
- For pencil pleat curtains, measure the length from the eye of the curtain hook on your track or pole.
- For tab-top and eyelet curtains measure from the very top of the pole.
- When measuring for curtains that will be hung on tracks, measure from the top of the track.
Take your measurements from three positions across the pole or track, as floors and sills are rarely level. It is advisable if you have a radiator below the window, your curtains should finish 3cm (1.5") above it so as not to restrict the heat coming into the room.